London to Australia flight bond

Last month the Wau Holland Foundation announced that they had “received an invoice from the Australian government and paid the flight costs for Julian Assange from London to Australia (~480.000 €).”

About 2 weeks before, the preliminary transparency report (English, German) said that

The Foundation believes that the binding assumption of costs (respectively ‘deed; bond’) with the Australian government, for the costs of the charter flight on which Julian traveled from London via Bangkok and Saipan to Australia, will not be honored. The Assange campaign team has decided to collect separate donations for the flight and Julian’s recovery and has so far raised a total of around EUR 1 million. We therefore assume that the flight costs will not have to be paid by the Foundation

Two hours after they posted the announcement, I asked Wau Holland what had changed, but I never got a reply.

Amir posted notes saying that Wau Holland had “declared the willingness to pay in written form towards the AU gov. Up to 0.5m USD.”

So I guess the Australian government decided to collect what they could? Is it coming from the DAO money? Wau Holland money? Is it being repaid from the separate donations?

1 Like

tks,your timeline is clear, It’s indeed a confusing account,bc1qsqn2e2hv5a5wmmtnnh8p0gvf385zxvyj4xjgl8,The donation stella raised 8 btc was not used,It should use these 8btc.

I forgot about the BTC

According to the chat, Wau Holland hasn’t been responding to emails and cut off contact with Silke.

I’m not sure how else to get an answer to this.