AIP-12: AssangeDAO Governance Transition Process

Is AIP-12: AssangeDAO Governance Transition Process still being considered? Where should the forum discuss it?

AssangeDAO and one of the volunteers posted about it on Telegram and Twitter last month

Earlier today we managed to finish the proposal for AIP-12: AssangeDAO Governance Transition Process.

Please feel free to check it out. The forum should hopefully be returning soon, from what I understand, which is where the official discussion for this proposal would take place, in accordance with our pre-existing governance framework.

:link: Telegram: Contact @Real_AssangeDAO

Copy of the PDF from Telegram:

1 Like

Let’s follow the process and go ahead step by step to the real governance.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the process is now.

Does it need to be discussed on the Forum? Do people talk about it here? Does it need to be “officially” submitted by one of the multisigs or AIP proposers, or is the Telegram proposal enough?

The current process what Stella’s draft suggest is once the forum works, then we can discuss the draft here. And the forum should be the official place to make proposal and vote or any other thing. That’s my understanding.

2 Likes

I think you’re right @JaneW, but I don’t know if that draft is still being considered, or if it’s been updated or replaced. I think it’s the latest proposal.

What do people think? I like most of it and think it’s the best next step for the DAO, but don’t know what wants from the transition, or where they want things to be after the transition

If no other new announcement of the process then we follow the draft first. As I can see, the draft is made by most of the multisig and Gabriel also work for the process, so I suggest we just follow the draft and start our new journey.

1 Like

I hope the multisigs and volunteers clarify soon, or that someone knows where to start.

I saw support in Telegram when it was posted, but I guess the first step is finding out what people think about it now

Unofficial AIP-12 community support temperature check
  • Support
  • Neutral
  • Oppose
0 voters

When will the long-awaited governance be implemented? Can it be accelerated? All members of the community are waiting hard.

2 Likes

I don’t know but I thought the thread might help the process

1 Like

What multisigs are left?

Stella is stepping away?

But wasn’t a multisig?

So who is? Who can vote and decide??

What Silke said about the process

How do snapshots work? Does there need to be an “official” temperature check? How long do we give it?

It was a month old post. The date doesn’t show in the Forum preview but it was on July 21

1 Like

@michael can this be moved to governance?

I still like the proposal, so long as anyone from the GTU vetoing things can’t be done anonymously. If they need to veto, they need to answer to the DAO and try to explain why

1 Like

I have never read of any objection to this proposal. Therefore the first two actionable parts should be voted on ASAP.

3 Likes

Agreed. Where are the multisigs? Why isn’t this going to a vote?

2 Likes