Future of AssangeDAO

I trust in the motivation of the DAO and Julian’s family to fund Julian’s legal defenses. Everyone participated in the donation is making a historic achievement. BUT, we are just about to begin this journey as a DAO. After the fundraising ended, it’s time for all of us to think about what’s next.

As a DAO, we should never underestimate the importance of its token. Making AssangeDAO great again is essentially making $JUSTICE token great - the more valuable the token is, the more confident and united the community will be. Below are my few thoughts on how we can make AssangeDAO great again:

1. Wau Holland Foundation should work with AssnageDAO to make it very transparent to the public how the money will be spent. A monthly/quarterly written report and proves should be provided (and better to be verified by Gabriel Shipton and Stellar Morris). - “Don’t trust. Verify”
  2. Reach out to Wikileaks and ask if they can adopt this token as the platform token and we can help design the tokenomics, which adds utility to the token
  3. Ask Juicebox to send 5% of ETHs raised back to the DAO, and use the funds as treasury for now. If Juicebox doesn’t want to do so, a proposal should be submitted to allow $wJUSTICE token holders to vote if they want to start selling $JBX tokens. The DAO currently holds ~87.5m $JBX.
  4. Hire good devs using treasury to build good products and fund initiatives
  5. Enable $wJUSTICE token and a staking function - The longer a user stakes the token, the more wJUSTICE he/she can get, thus more voting powers assigned. (Devs efforts are required for this sort of coding. The DAO should start paying good devs to work for the DAO. Same for multisig members who should be paid. Being a multisig member is never an easy job so we should respect them)
  6. Enable Snapshot functions to allow $wJUSTICE token holders to vote the upcoming proposals (including changing multisig members, expenses from treasury, partnerships, recruitment, etc.)

Reply “Make AssangeDAO Great Again” to let me know if you support my thoughts. I am gonna share more thoughts going forward.

• 0xCypherpunk

should name it $veJUSTICE instead of $wJUSTICE :slight_smile:

I think the issue to carry out the ve token is there nothing left in the treasury, except for the 95% of the 5% jbx fee. that is not enough to support any staking rewards (if there is any incentive envisaged to encourage staking). Also this fund will not last long for good devs.

all justice token supply has been made available to contributors. So there is no token left in the treasury for anything. unless we change the contract to increase supply.

just some thoughts.

Assangedao is now the biggest DAO in the world. We could and should continue to become the biggest Dao in the world and we therefore can become the entry of WEB3.0 and NFT, ongoing raising money and buyback tokens through online marketing fees and cooperation.

It is simple steps:
1\ Maintain the DAO. The team should listen to community members. Currently, more than half discussion disagree the maximum bid while the team still put all the money in the NFT. Since, the money has gone, the governance of JUSTIC token should transferred to the COMMUNITY to someones good at listening and maintaining the DAO. We should have online community mods with different LANGUAGES and IDEAS since we are a global DAO.

2\We should cooperate with NFTS\GAMEFIS\DEFIS and other web 3.0 applications. Since we are the largest DAO we have the bargain power. Say, we can cooperate with artists like Pak and create NFTs with some revenue goes to the Assange fund ,some revenue use to buyback tokens or just Airdrop some NFT to token holders. We could do this for any web3.0 applilcations, use our advantages as the biggest DAO and use the marketing fees as the ongoing fund raising and revenue.

Can you please limit one proposal per thread?

otherwise:

Wau Holland Foundation should work with AssnageDAO to make it very transparent to the public how the money will be spent.

AssangeDAO cannot demand anything, and they are probably not going to be transparent on every item purchased with the money, they have their own governing body of people that holds them accountable, and requests should be made to that body.

Reach out to Wikileaks and ask if they can adopt this token as the platform token and we can help design the tokenomics, which adds utility to the token

Wikleaks does not sell a product to the consumer, and they already have a donation wallet, so what would the token be used to represent?

“Make AssangeDAO Great Again” to let me know if you support my thoughts. I am gonna share more thoughts going forward.

If we involve ourselves with political philosophies, we are more likely to fracture the community.

4 Likes