Future of AssangeDAO + Assange Family involvement

We have done a lot. It’s time to do something for us instead of asking for more!

1 Like

Agree, the mission of AssangeDAO is defending the Assange. This is the goal of us here.

You, the people who want to rumor the Assangedao, or you all think about money here. Pls leave.

The god will award you when you do things justly and positively.

You should specify who those “bad actors” are specifically, and what they will do which will make them “bad”, and how that will specifically or materially effect Assange’s imprisonment with the DAO. Otherwise it just appears like “everyone who disagrees with me is a CIA agent or CIA stooge”, or on par with the Soviet “wreckers” witch hunts whenever things displease the “glorious leader”, usually used to protect the leadership from their own mistakes.

Please explain what is “bad” about the owners / donators being freely and democratically able to decide what to do with their own property? If they decide tomorrow to burn all of their assets, or metaphorically flush them down the toilet, why does the Assange family has the right to stop them.

1 Like

Phew… When I read some comments here, I already see a lof of work to realign our common goal and bundle our power.

1. I saw these bad actors, gaslightning trolls and for leadership craving groups that want to gain more control for their own purpose… It’s just important that we are aware that such people exist around here, probably even intelligence.

2. The first donation fund was a success and there is no reason why there shouldn’t be more such actions in future. For example, if Julian gains back his freedom and we continue our fight for other purposes. Just because Gabriel mentioned the possibility, shouldn’t automatically make anybody suspicious.

3. Comparing the case with OJ Simpson is really a bad example. Apart of that, our plan was not only to cover the legal costs but also put ideas into reality. Just for an example, imagine a Festival with musicians. Let’s call it “Free Press Festival” or whatever. Such an event is pretty expensive (even though the tickets could be used as donations again) and the more we put such actions into reality, the more money will be needed. Big ideas need a big amount of money…

4. Trust is very important in this project and I personally don’t know anybody of you. Because Gabriel is Julian’s brother and Stella is his fiancèe, I presume that I can trust them much more than anybody else in the DAO. As I said, it’s very likely that we have intelligence here that tries to use several actions to abuse the principle of a decentralized autonomous organization in order to reduce its potential and there are weaknesses. Every system has weaknesses. Who thinks that this is conspiracy theory, just needs to analyze the Assange case… I suggest Nils Melzer’s investigation. My point is that the family does everything to free their family member and that’s why they got my trust more than anybody that tries to come up with theories like making money to financee trips to the maledives or so. (Discord was flooded of such horrible theories and Fudtrolls)

I appreciate all your skepticism and asking questions, but I don’t question the intention of Julian’s family to free him…

Looking forward to unite for our common goal. Only together we’re strong.

2 Likes

If you are going to pretend that people who disagree with you are CIA agents, you need to take a look at how utterly narrow minded you are. Moreover you should provide evidence of your claims, otherwise they are discarded as wild speculation.

The first donation fund was a success and there is no reason why there shouldn’t be more such actions in future. For example, if Julian gains back his freedom and we continue our fight for other purposes. Just because Gabriel mentioned the possibility, shouldn’t automatically make anybody suspicious.

Why do we need to solicit donations, if we haven’t even decided what we can actually do, and come up with a budget justifying what we want to do. I am

Comparing the case with OJ Simpson is really a bad example. Apart of that, our plan was not only to cover the legal costs but also put ideas into reality. Just for an example, imagine a Festival with musicians. Let’s call it “Free Press Festival” or whatever. Such an event is pretty expensive (even though the tickets could be used as donations again) and the more we put such actions into reality, the more money will be needed. Big ideas need a big amount of money…

I think you should be free to propose whatever you would like, and if you want to advocate for it I am 100% behind you if you want to put forth a funding proposal for a “free press festival”. I don’t know how that is going to work during covid-19, and what the purpose of the thing is other than a charity auction apparatus, so what is the charity festival going to be putting funding towards?

This case is obviously not the same as OJ Simpson, but honestly it does get to the point that we have raised 5 times as much as OJ Simpsons criminal and civil trial. There is a total upper budget that can be assigned to the legal team, and wherever that upper limit is I believe we should try to raise, but I feel like 52 million might be enough for the next 5 years at least.

As I said, it’s very likely that we have intelligence here that tries to use several actions to abuse the principle of a decentralized autonomous organization in order to reduce its potential and there are weaknesses.

Who are you accusing of being “intelligence” members, or trying to make money to “finance trips to the Maldives”. I am saying that the family has everything they need to go free Assange, and there isn’t much that we can do about it with a DAO, other than my previous proposal here:

This proposal states outright what the requirements are to complete, what it costs, and what it will do. If there is going to be a “DAO” we need to literally create a business model that will be sustainable, and the only sustainable business model is to make money from the services that we offer to the public. If the service we’re offering to the public is overpriced memes, I can spend my time better somewhere else, however there are a fair number of businesses who make money, by offering to the public remedies from injustice see e.g.

I believe in making the price of achieving justice at a lower price, by using machine learning tools, which will both increase the speed and accuracy of the law, making it easier for people to access and harder to abuse. I could spill over and over, page after page, about how the legal system is a relic of the 18th century farmer communities, and that human beings are actually frequently forgetful and illogical, and how power corrupts, however to you I will always just be a CIA ASSET.

I didn’t say that anybody that disagrees with me is an agent. You came up with that. My intention is just that people are aware of potential dangers. Don’t take everything what I wrote personal, calling me narrow minded, just because you lack of imagination that this DAO is a potential target for intelligence services or other kind of groups. I also didn’t talk about you specifically, but about all kinds of people and groups that I discovered within the last weeks of this project and even the last 10 years in the Assange case.

Sure, but lets say hypothetically the “glow in the darks” want to use us to get to Julian, what is the method of incrimination if Julian is literally incommunicado from us, and we operate completely autonomously from the family’s direction? Lets say for example we use the classic Game Theory analysis of “the prisoners dilemma” Prisoner's dilemma - Wikipedia, the dilemma that we wish to avoid can be done by disassociating.

The government has control over Assange the person, and if the Assange family has control over the DAO, then Assange the person and the DAO can be used as bargaining chips against each other. For example in a plea negotiation, the DAO could be used as a bargaining chip to secure less time in prison.

On other hand if the Assange family is in the role of “the consensus unit”, and the government alleges that there was a conspiracy between the Assange family and the DAO, and some of these people in the DAO are overseen by “the consensus unit” does something illegal, then the government can try to leverage that.

This is sort of why I would think that the format of the PAC (political action committee) is a good analogy, where the organization is allowed more freedom of what it is allowed to do in a political campaign fundraising, but it cannot be directed by the political candidate themselves to prevent the appearance of bribery. Having the firewall between the fundraising and the political candidate, provides a more plausible deniability, of the opportunity of wrongdoing.

I agree 100% with Gabriel Shipton.

Julian has many ideas for projects for AssangeDAO, including potential future NFTs

This is huge guys.

1 Like

I agree 100% with Gabriel Shipton.

Julian has many ideas for projects for AssangeDAO, including potential future NFTs

This is huge guys.

2 Likes

Did you read what I wrote? It seems to me that your words don’t relate at all to my comment and you try to destroy my credibility in coming up with theories out of nowhere without any given reason or knowing who I am or what I stand for and especially - why I am here. I’m here to support Assange and his family. Not more and not less. Period.

Troll. I donated myself… Makes no sense to continue this destructive conversation with somebody that claims himself as “the community”. I am also part of the so called community. I donated, encourage people to unite, support and drafted 10 proposals already… And you? Just throw around with disrespectful, insulting theories out of nowhere. Be constructive, instead of spreading fud here

I think you take all the people who donated as fools, you used to raise money outside of crypto and only got $100,000. You know very well what your fundraising behavior in the crypto circle is, and you use people’s greed for your own selfish purposes. Your original goal was about 2,000 ETH, but now it has reached 17,000. You feel that money comes too easily, and you are greedy trying to continue to control DAO in order to continue to extract money from these people. You think that anyone who hinders you from controlling dao is the CIA, and never speaks evidence, just like the US government. You use your subjective assumptions to eliminate anyone who makes an opinion. You don’t know how to make the cake bigger and redistribute, but put all the flour in your pockets.

1 Like

The community has donated 17000+ eth to the Assange family, Assange family should focus using this fund to save Assange, and give the community power to develop itself. You as family member would not have enough energy to save Assange if you keep using efforts to control the community. Everyone should have their own role in the community. If you want to save Assange, you need to make the community stronger and bigger. if you want to make the community stronger and bigger, the community need to have power to develop itself.

3 Likes

As long as there are people in the community that try to desperse power, spread fud and hate, cooking there own soup, it will be hard to form a constructive, efficient and reasonable community.

We need to realign our values and focus again on one common goal in my opinion, because that’s why we all came here for. (Hopefully)

:heartpulse:

1 Like

I think it is time to vote on a good proposal as soon as possible to ensure that our project is carried out in an orderly manner, otherwise it will lead to more unnecessary misunderstandings.

We could still have a very good focus on helping Assange DAO while making values for token holders. Say we could incooperate with more artists like Pak and use some of the money to continue fund Assange while reward the token holders with NFTS, and increase the influnces of artiest to make win win situation.
We are a DAO not pure donatation therefore it is reaseanable to anticipate value creating and I think it is not conflict to rescuing Assange because we need continue influences and money to do this. By uniting the whole DAO, we could increase the influences of Assange and related web 3.0 applications and NFT to generate income and influences for Assange and token holders.

You should 100% be asking what you can do for the DAO at this point instead of demanding more from us. You should be doing a media tour praising the DAO from the heavens right now, yet here you are talking about more fundraising for Julian. Wild.

2 Likes

阿桑奇本身就是这个DAO的精神象征,是巨大的影响力,也是DAO的财富。
社区绝大部分的声音都是不支持改名字的。
有些最核心的,从一开始就在assangedao.org主页上写明的事情,我觉得我们应该坚持下去。

听到核心团队内部分裂的声音,作为社区成员的我感到非常的伤心。
希望能好好对话,弥合分歧。

Assange himself is the spiritual symbol of this DAO, a huge influence and a wealth of the DAO.
Most of the voices in the community do NOT support changing the DAO’s name.
There are some core things that have been written on the assangedao.org homepage from the very beginning, and I think we should stick to them.

It’s heartbreaking for me as a community member to hear the voices of division within the core team.
Hope to have a good dialogue and bridge the differences.

4 Likes