Future of AssangeDAO + Assange Family involvement

Congratulations on the largest raise through a DAO and getting the funds to where they can do the most for Julian.

ETH16,593 has made a tremendous strategic difference to Julian’s defense. It may well have saved Julian’ s life. It will certainly have dealt a blow to the morale of his persecutors. The US government and its allies have spared no expense to incarcerate and hound Julian, and the war against him has also been one of resource attrition. Thanks to all of you, Julian is armoured up against the legal attack against him, but there is still this range of things to do, across politics, tech, media, social media, etc- much remains to be done!

The value of AssangeDAO lies not just in its fundraising capacity but in the community of talent, the combined knowledge, network and intellectual output that can concentrate on a single clear set goal: securing Julian’s freedom.

Advisory Council, Assange Family Participation in AssangeDAO Future.

The endorsement of Julian and his family in AssangeDAO and the use of the Assange name has contributed to the success of AssangeDAO, the participation of many of the high profile contributors and given AssangeDAO legitimacy in the face of copy cat and skam DAO’s

Julians family are 100% committed to freeing Julian and if AssangeDAO follows its original mission, then we and Julian are 100% behind it. If AssangeDAO choses another mission the family needs to continue its work to free Julian undistracted.

This is not just any DAO. A mans life and freedom hangs in the balance, that is why those closest to Julian, his family and lawyers, need to be able to make sure that AssangeDAO proposals do not put his life or defense at risk.

Based on the original governance structure, Julians Family and Lawyer are the backstop that prevents bad actors from taking over AssangeDAO. With the $JUSTICE token available on the market it would be very simple for the forces that are against Julian to buy up the token have a majority vote on any proposals. Without the involvement of those closest to Julian it is almost certain that the DAO will be taken over by the CIA or other bad actors who wish to change the AssangeDAOs mission to their own purpose.

Julian has many ideas for projects for AssangeDAO, including potential future NFTs. The success of the Pak collaboration came as a result of months of preparation and careful thought behind the scenes. The result has been an extraordinary success, and there is much potential in future projects of which there are many.

Inflection point for Noble Cause Philanthropy

AssangeDAO has ushered in a new paradigm of fund raising and crypto philanthropy. The combination of Julian Assanges name a DAO structure and a blue-chip NFT collection catapulted AssangeDAO to another level where it was able to make world wide headlines and attract many well known and reputable supporters(Snowden, Kim Dot Com, Sam Bankman-Fried, Vitalik). Your $JUSTICE token is not only power to vote, but also a badge of honor, a proof of philanthropy that you were here when AssangeDAO made history.

AssangeDAO has re-defined the value of joining forces to fight for a cause, value that in past was locked up, only available to big business or high net worth individuals Is now open to the smallest of contributors through the $JUSTICE token. Over time as more success is accrued by AssangeDAO the proof of philanthropy($JUSTIC) will be even more important for holder to prove they were here at the beginning.

Caution on infighting and politics

A united DAO is a strong DAO. If AssangeDAO falls into political infighting and division there will be a disincentive for smart and capable people to join the DAO as anything that strays from the AssangeDAO core mission is seen as time consuming waste of personal time and resources. This also goes for Julians family, who are fighitng this battle on many fronts.

In the next days we will be holding a twitter space. Stay tuned.

9 Likes

If it is truly such a concern, then why not just use the proceeds of the auction, to buy up the shares and let people exit the DAO?

2 Likes

Julian’s family are 100% committed to freeing Julian and if AssangeDAO follows its original mission, then we and Julian are 100% behind it. If AssangeDAO choses another mission the family needs to continue its work to free Julian undistracted. [quote=“GabrielShipton, post:1, topic:529”]

Does this imply that you propose to have the DAO try more NFT fundraising on behalf of assange, as the mission of the DAO, and that a proposal for generating legal technology for freeing other prisoners of conscious or for civil rights, would necessarily have to exclude your participation?

2 Likes

The task of DAO can be to publicize assange’s deeds and the legal document NFT issued by the authorities, which can be fairly publicized from a judicial perspective.Maybe you think using DAO to raise money is the most important thing to save Assange, but in fact, Dao can do a lot of things. Minting every legal document into NFT to record the judicial judgment, Dao can also launch a crypto circle movement to speak for Assange, and everyone can record a sentence to Assange. Assange case needs judicial justice, Our purpose is to call on everyone to supervise and pay attention to justice

1 Like

I believe that even if this issue takes 10 years to resolve, that the amount that has been raised will amount to more than $5 million per year of burn rate. In my mind that should be sufficient for the legal battles ahead, and you shouldn’t need more money at this point.

You should state the specific things that should be done, so that the community can assess the proposal itself, because in my mind the “independence of the judiciary” precludes anything other than the legal system from having any effect. There are many contentious legal battles in this country every year, and the one common thread is the perception that they will be judged in a court of law not in the court of public opinion, otherwise there wont be the perception of trust and fairness in the legal system.

3 Likes

Assange’s case represents an injustice. We can give a voice to others like Assange. It doesn’t mean it’s not about saving Assange, it’s about the spirit of Assange

2 Likes

Our ultimate goal is to wait for assange to be released, but we need to promote assange’s spirit of fairness and transparency along the way. Everything we do is to support justice and actively promote this spirit. I don’t think this is in conflict with freeing Assange

1 Like

If think blindly pursue money, I don’t think this is the most important to rescue him, the most important thing is to make the world pay attention to his case itself, to understand his contribution, to treat his attitude, and judicial justice of right and wrong need to do the public to discuss the evaluation, not 500 MB or 1 B $ can be solved.I can understand your concern that someone will make an unfavorable proposal against Assange, but you also need to trust the proposal team’s respect for Assange. If the existence of one person with absolute veto power is not conducive to DAO’s development, the proposal review team will not approve any unfavorable proposal against Assange.

1 Like

The perception that money buys justice, is already one that erodes confidence in our system. However it is sad but true, that the state typically has more resources available than the defense, and that the best lawyers charge the most. However I believe there is a practical limit, for example O.J. Simpson spent $10 million on his defense, regarding the death of Nicole Simpson.

1 Like

I am disappointed that you have made such a statement at this time, which I feel is a clear indication that you want to take control of the top leadership of Dao and its future direction (of course, this is clearly not a single idea of your family, but some people around you have put it forward for you. You have become nothing but their tools, and the instruments of their future struggle for power.

2 Likes

$50 million is more than a thank you and a badge of honor. Everyone donated so much money to help Assange is on the one hand, more or value the Dao. As the Assange family, I hope that you will not be deceived and become tools of some people. You need to actually contribute to the Dao. Because Dao’s strength and Assange’s interests are fundamentally aligned. Let’s hope assange’s family knows that. Again, the Assange family needs to be alert to those around them who want to use your family’s voice to gain power over the Dao.

2 Likes

We have donated so much money to the foundation to save Assange, but you are asking us to continue to raise money to save Assange, so why do we donate to the foundation, instead of using the Treasury funds to do it ourselves? From the moment you asked for the full bid, you had no consideration for DAO’s development

We have donated so much money to the foundation to save Assange, but you are asking us to continue to raise money to save Assange, so why do we donate to the foundation, instead of using the Treasury funds to do it ourselves? From the moment you asked for the full bid, you had no consideration for DAO’s development

The full bid was required, because that is what was communicated on the website (in English, I don’t know what was written in Chinese), however if the Assange family wanted the DAO to retain funds for its operation, there is nothing stopping them from doing so.

I hope that the Assange family can graciously accept the donation we provided them, and allow us to be their patron rather than require us to be their client, and rather than restrain us as an organization provide resources for us to pursue justice.

I do not see any future in being a part of an organization meant to sell procedurally generated art auctions, I want to be a part of an organization that provides people with access to justice by using technology to augment the legacy justice system.

3 Likes

Yes, if the Assange family had only wanted donations, they would have asked for them directly,Instead of raising money through the Dao. If you have reached this point, you must operate according to the rules that daOs should operate under. on the other hand,now is not just a matter of donation, but a complex issue of social governance as well as law. Of course, if the Assange family had to have their way, they could have simply returned the money they raised to Dao, so that things would be simpler and everyone would leave each other alone.

4 Likes

We have done a lot. It’s time to do something for us instead of asking for more!

1 Like

Agree, the mission of AssangeDAO is defending the Assange. This is the goal of us here.

You, the people who want to rumor the Assangedao, or you all think about money here. Pls leave.

The god will award you when you do things justly and positively.

You should specify who those “bad actors” are specifically, and what they will do which will make them “bad”, and how that will specifically or materially effect Assange’s imprisonment with the DAO. Otherwise it just appears like “everyone who disagrees with me is a CIA agent or CIA stooge”, or on par with the Soviet “wreckers” witch hunts whenever things displease the “glorious leader”, usually used to protect the leadership from their own mistakes.

Please explain what is “bad” about the owners / donators being freely and democratically able to decide what to do with their own property? If they decide tomorrow to burn all of their assets, or metaphorically flush them down the toilet, why does the Assange family has the right to stop them.

1 Like

Phew… When I read some comments here, I already see a lof of work to realign our common goal and bundle our power.

1. I saw these bad actors, gaslightning trolls and for leadership craving groups that want to gain more control for their own purpose… It’s just important that we are aware that such people exist around here, probably even intelligence.

2. The first donation fund was a success and there is no reason why there shouldn’t be more such actions in future. For example, if Julian gains back his freedom and we continue our fight for other purposes. Just because Gabriel mentioned the possibility, shouldn’t automatically make anybody suspicious.

3. Comparing the case with OJ Simpson is really a bad example. Apart of that, our plan was not only to cover the legal costs but also put ideas into reality. Just for an example, imagine a Festival with musicians. Let’s call it “Free Press Festival” or whatever. Such an event is pretty expensive (even though the tickets could be used as donations again) and the more we put such actions into reality, the more money will be needed. Big ideas need a big amount of money…

4. Trust is very important in this project and I personally don’t know anybody of you. Because Gabriel is Julian’s brother and Stella is his fiancèe, I presume that I can trust them much more than anybody else in the DAO. As I said, it’s very likely that we have intelligence here that tries to use several actions to abuse the principle of a decentralized autonomous organization in order to reduce its potential and there are weaknesses. Every system has weaknesses. Who thinks that this is conspiracy theory, just needs to analyze the Assange case… I suggest Nils Melzer’s investigation. My point is that the family does everything to free their family member and that’s why they got my trust more than anybody that tries to come up with theories like making money to financee trips to the maledives or so. (Discord was flooded of such horrible theories and Fudtrolls)

I appreciate all your skepticism and asking questions, but I don’t question the intention of Julian’s family to free him…

Looking forward to unite for our common goal. Only together we’re strong.

2 Likes

If you are going to pretend that people who disagree with you are CIA agents, you need to take a look at how utterly narrow minded you are. Moreover you should provide evidence of your claims, otherwise they are discarded as wild speculation.

The first donation fund was a success and there is no reason why there shouldn’t be more such actions in future. For example, if Julian gains back his freedom and we continue our fight for other purposes. Just because Gabriel mentioned the possibility, shouldn’t automatically make anybody suspicious.

Why do we need to solicit donations, if we haven’t even decided what we can actually do, and come up with a budget justifying what we want to do. I am

Comparing the case with OJ Simpson is really a bad example. Apart of that, our plan was not only to cover the legal costs but also put ideas into reality. Just for an example, imagine a Festival with musicians. Let’s call it “Free Press Festival” or whatever. Such an event is pretty expensive (even though the tickets could be used as donations again) and the more we put such actions into reality, the more money will be needed. Big ideas need a big amount of money…

I think you should be free to propose whatever you would like, and if you want to advocate for it I am 100% behind you if you want to put forth a funding proposal for a “free press festival”. I don’t know how that is going to work during covid-19, and what the purpose of the thing is other than a charity auction apparatus, so what is the charity festival going to be putting funding towards?

This case is obviously not the same as OJ Simpson, but honestly it does get to the point that we have raised 5 times as much as OJ Simpsons criminal and civil trial. There is a total upper budget that can be assigned to the legal team, and wherever that upper limit is I believe we should try to raise, but I feel like 52 million might be enough for the next 5 years at least.

As I said, it’s very likely that we have intelligence here that tries to use several actions to abuse the principle of a decentralized autonomous organization in order to reduce its potential and there are weaknesses.

Who are you accusing of being “intelligence” members, or trying to make money to “finance trips to the Maldives”. I am saying that the family has everything they need to go free Assange, and there isn’t much that we can do about it with a DAO, other than my previous proposal here:

This proposal states outright what the requirements are to complete, what it costs, and what it will do. If there is going to be a “DAO” we need to literally create a business model that will be sustainable, and the only sustainable business model is to make money from the services that we offer to the public. If the service we’re offering to the public is overpriced memes, I can spend my time better somewhere else, however there are a fair number of businesses who make money, by offering to the public remedies from injustice see e.g.

I believe in making the price of achieving justice at a lower price, by using machine learning tools, which will both increase the speed and accuracy of the law, making it easier for people to access and harder to abuse. I could spill over and over, page after page, about how the legal system is a relic of the 18th century farmer communities, and that human beings are actually frequently forgetful and illogical, and how power corrupts, however to you I will always just be a CIA ASSET.