Discussion: Developing Products to Add Revenue to the Treasury

Discussion: Developing Products to Add Revenue to the Treasury

Why add revenue to the treasury?
Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) have passive sources of income, mostly donations, and the donors refer to the development and size of the project. So generating active income is the best solution for project operations. Once the treasury has a stable income, our ideas such as annual awards, important holiday events, issuing NFT, incentivizing members, etc. that need funding can be implemented.

Background of on-chain projects
Most of the blockchain projects have their own products that are used to attract users and also add revenue for themselves. There are probably two models, one is to reward tokens to motivate participating users, and the other is to charge a fee for using their product.

Revenue generation methods
I personally think it can be.

• Developing on chain APPs.
  • Developing off-chain APPs.
  • We Media (e.g. opening a YouTube channel, etc.)
  • Selling products around protest activities
    More ways would like to be discussed

Discussion

1. Whether we need such a product needs to be discussed.
  2. JUSTICE tokens can no longer be issued, so there is a cost to adopt JUSTICE as an incentive token, and issuing new tokens as to incentivize users needs to be discussed.
  3. The connection of the new product with the free Assange campaign needs to be discussed.
  4. The way of generating revenue needs to be discussed.
  5. Other unfinished matters need to be discussed.

讨论:开发产品为国库添加收入

为什么要为国库添加收入?
非政府组织(NGO)的收入来源被动,大多数是捐款,而捐赠方会参考项目的发展情况、规模而定。所以创造主动收入是解决项目运作的最佳方案。一旦国库有了稳定的收入,我们的想法:例如年度奖、重要节日活动,发行NFT,激励会员等等需要资金的方案都可以施行。

链上项目背景
区块链项目大多都有自己的产品,用来吸引用户,同时也为自己添加收入。大概分为两种模式,一是奖励代币以激励参与的用户;二是收取使用产品时产生的手续费。

创造收入方式
我个人认为可以是:
*开发链上的APP;
*开发非链上的APP;
*自媒体(例如开设YouTube频道等)
*卖抗议活动周边产品
更多方式希望大家讨论

讨论

1. 我们是否需要这样一款产品需要讨论。
  2. JUSTICE代币已经不能再发行了,所以采用JUSTICE作为激励的代币是需要成本的,而发行新的代币作为产品激励用户的代币需要讨论。
  3. 新产品与free Assange运动的联系是否需要讨论。
  4. 创造收入的方式需要讨论。
  5. 其他未尽事宜需要讨论。
1 Like

Excellent input. Why aren’t more people responding - investors here’s your chance to communicate ideas in a positive way.

Thank you for the post. What are the suggested posts?

Youtube/Podcasts are a great idea and could if done by AssangeDAO could be something genuinely unique.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, after a busy week I’ve only seen a handful of people respond to this post.
After I made this post I did some research on related types of products and I am sharing my results for a more in-depth discussion.

*Issuing new tokens or NFTs and running some economic models is the least expensive and most common approach for many blockchain projects when they hit a bottleneck and need to raise money.

*On blockchain project products, right now it’s pretty much public chains, DEX, X to earn. These are hardly related to the core mission of our DAO, so the best product I can imagine is to buy land at Sandbox and build an “Assange Museum”, it would promote and also add revenue to the treasury.

*We Media (e.g. YouTube channel) is one of the best options, it has a bigger audience for publicity, viewers don’t need to pay (which is different from Sandbox above where visitors need to pay), and it can host a lot of content such as exclusive news, exclusive analysis, Assange’s life, Assange’s books (which could apply to book clubs), etc. I can’t think of anything else.

*Selling products or souvenirs around the protests would also be great, but would require more coordination in the real world.

So I think we can start with the most appropriate products and then move on to more opportunities as we gain experience and more capable people get involved. I think YouTube/Podcasts are a good fit for us right now.
However I would prefer to see more discussion and genius solutions though.

Hi,大家,经过繁忙的一周我只看到少数人对此贴回应。
在我发出这篇帖子后我对相关类型的产品做了一些调查,我现在分享我的结果以便进行更深入的讨论。

*首先发行新代币或者NFT并运行一些经济模型是成本最低,也是很多区块链项目在遇到瓶颈以及需要融资时最常用的办法。
*关于区块链项目产品,现在几乎是公链,DEX,X to earn。这些都很难与我们DAO的核心使命扯上关系,我能想象出最适合我们DAO的产品是在Sandbox购买土地并建立Assange博物馆,它可以宣传,也能为国库增加收入。
*建立自媒体(例如YouTube频道)是最适合的一项方案,它的宣传对象更大,观看者不需要付费(这与Sandbox上面参观者需要付费不同),而且能够承载很多内容,例如独家新闻,独家分析,阿桑奇的人生,阿桑奇的书本(这可以适用于读书会)等等我没能想到的内容。
*卖抗议活动周边产品或者纪念品也很不错,但是需要更多的现实社会中的协调工作。

所以我认为我们可以先着手最适合的产品,随着经验的积累和更多有能力的人员参与再着手更多的机会。我认为YouTube/Podcasts现在很适合我们。
不过我更愿意看到更多的讨论天才般的方案。

1 Like

All of your ideas are positive for the DAO.

Yeah I agree to go with the path of least resistance to start and build momentum.